Sunday, March 28, 2010

Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches

Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches

English muffins, toasted
Eggs (number of eggs depends on number of finished sandwiches desired)
water (1/2 tablespoon per egg)
cheese slices (I used cheddar)
frozen breakfast sausage patties 

Decide on the number of sandwiches you'd like; you'll need one egg mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of water for each sandwich. I used this beauty ($3.50 at Wal-Mart) and it made the job SO easy:
To assemble place 1 slice of cheese on half of an English muffin, then egg, sausage patty (or other meat), and top off with other half of English muffin. Wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and label with heating instructions. Place all your wrapped sandwiches in an extra large ziplock bag and freeze.

Heating Instructions:
Remove plastic wrap. Wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds on 30% power to defrost. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until hot.
 (Don't look at the typo on my labels...I didn't want to waste more by doing it over!)
These were SO quick and easy to assemble.  I made 12 of them in about 15- 20 minutes.  I got most all the ingredients on sale and when I figured out the cost it came down to about .90 cents per sandwich.  

 Top photo and recipe from Bear in the Kitchen.  Thanks Jenni!

No comments:

Post a Comment