Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chopped Tomato and Basil Sauce

We still have quite a few tomatoes coming into our garden.  The basil is on its way out so I thought I would take what was left and make my house smell yummy today.
This was about half of the tomatoes we had!

4 medium sized, ripe tomatoes (about 1.5 pounds - I used a lot of smaller Romas from the garden)
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/3 chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt (I used course sea salt for no special reason)
salt and pepper to taste


Remove and discard the cores of the tomatoes and then coarsely chop them and put them in a large saucepan.
Add the olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and salt and pepper to the tomatoes. Stir well.
Cover and set aside a few hours to release the tomato juices and let the flavors combine.
Pour over pasta and enjoy!
This tomato sauce will keep for one week in the refrigerator.
Isn't that just gorgeous!  I wish you could smell it - it's that good! 
Linking up to Show and Share Day at Just a Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment